Target to Hire Approximately 100,000 Seasonal Team Members for the Holiday Season
MINNEAPOLIS – September 13, 2017 – Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) announced today plans to hire approximately 100,000 team members across the country for the upcoming holiday season. The announcement is part of the company’s efforts to provide an exceptional shopping experience and ensures Target’s 1,816 stores will be staffed to deliver a seamless experience for guests this holiday season, whether team members are helping guests directly or fulfilling online orders. Additionally, Target will hire 4,500 team members at the company’s distribution and fulfillment centers to replenish products to stores and fulfill digital sales throughout the season.
“Target has made significant investments in our business throughout 2017, and our commitment to hire 100,000 team members for the holidays will make shopping at Target even easier and more fun during one of the busiest times of the year. Target team members play such an important role in helping guests as they prepare to celebrate the holidays with their families. As always, we will provide our seasonal team members with meaningful opportunities to build and develop skills, and offer great benefits, including a variety of schedules and team member discounts,” said Janna Potts, chief stores officer, Target.
Team Member Roles
The 100,000 seasonal team members will fill a variety of roles across stores, distribution and fulfillment centers, including:
- Store team members will ensure stores are well stocked, help guests discover Target’s exclusive brands and anything else they need to complete their holiday shopping lists.
- As the company continues to grow its Order Pickup service and ship-from-store capabilities, team members will fulfill online orders at stores.
- Team members at Target’s distribution and fulfillment centers will process freight to stores and fulfill Target.com orders, including receiving, picking and loading to ensure products reach guests quickly.
Team Member Benefits
Target values its team members, giving them opportunities to grow professionally, take care of themselves and their families and make an impact on guests and their communities. Target cares about and invests in team members by offering compelling benefits, including:
- Market-competitive wages
- A 10 percent merchandise discount at Target and Target.com
- An additional 20 percent merchandise wellness discount for fruits and vegetables and all Simply Balanced and C9 merchandise
- A variety of schedules that allow team members to work various hours
Nationwide Seasonal Hiring Events Oct. 13 – 15
Based on the success of last year’s seasonal hiring events, Target will host hiring events at all stores nationwide on Friday, Oct. 13 through Sunday, Oct. 15. The events will take place at each of the company’s 1,816 stores from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. each day for the 100,000 store positions with the potential for eligible applicants to interview on-the-spot and receive a conditional job offer during the weekend events. Interested candidates will have the opportunity to meet directly with Target store leaders.
Candidates for Target’s seasonal positions can apply today in advance at TargetSeasonalJobs.com. Store leaders will conduct pre-scheduled interviews with applicants and discuss Target’s dynamic, team-oriented culture. Similar to previous years, current Target team members across the country will have the opportunity to increase their hours during the holiday season.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) serves guests at 1,816 stores and at Target.com. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit to communities, which today equals millions of dollars a week. For more information, visit Target.com/Pressroom. For a behind-the-scenes look at Target, visit Target.com/abullseyeview or follow @TargetNews on Twitter.